Assistant Maintenance Technician (Property Management)
Location: Mount Pleasant
Posted on: June 12, 2019
The Service Representative works to prepare recently vacated
apartments for market readiness and availability to rent to another
tenant. The Service Representative also may respond to service work
orders, perform painting and pressure washing duties, grounds
keeping, and less technical tasks or to assist a Service Technician
in the performance of his/her duties.
The Service Representative reports to the Property Manager with
oversight from the Service Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- --- Receives \"make ready\" assignment; gathers all necessary
tools, equipment, and supplies needed to make an apartment unit
available to rent.
- --- Checks caulking and applies where needed.
- --- Evaluates carpet and vinyl; shampoos carpet/vinyl, or
replaces carpet/vinyl if needed.
- --- Checks air conditioning unit, heating unit, water heater,
and all appliances; makes minor repairs if needed; contacts Lead
Service Technician for more extensive repairs or replacements.
- --- Checks lighting and plumbing fixtures; makes minor repairs
and replacements as needed.
- --- Repairs or replaces baseboards or trim as needed.
- --- Polishes and varnishes cabinets and other woodwork as
- --- Checks all doors and windows and re-keys all locks.
- --- Repairs holes in walls and performs painting duties as
- --- Responds to service calls to make less technical repairs or
replacements; assists Lead Service Technician as needed.
- --- Performs pool maintenance and landscape duties as needed,
including pressure washing and cleaning.
- --- Performs other miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Six months experience performing work that requires constant
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and
complete standard paperwork.
- Able to work in moderately difficult environments and to
regularly lift items weighing up to and occasionally above 50
Prior make ready work at a residential property. Job Description:
Service Representative (Make Ready Tech)
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- --- Ability to understand basic instructions and follow a
checklist of tasks
- --- Skill in using basic hand tools
- --- Ability to perform basic work in electrical, plumbing,
painting, and carpentry
- --- Knowledge of safety procedures
- --- Ability to assess detailed repairs and replacements in a
vacant apartment to make it available for a new resident
- --- Ability to perform physical labor and to lift heavy weights
While performing the duties of the Service Representative, the
employee is required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands and
fingers to control objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs
and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear.
The employee must be able to lift 25 pounds individually and up to
50 pounds with assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional
persons). While performing the duties of this job the employee
normally works primarily in an outdoor environment exposed to
adverse weather conditions.
Frequent need to see small detail in the process of make ready
- Dirty, dusty indoor / outdoor work areas in vacated and
- Frequently outdoors in all weather conditions. Occasional
exposure to potentially hazardous materials.
Keywords: MAA, Mount Pleasant , Assistant Maintenance Technician (Property Management), Professions , Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!