TOOL RENTAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Company: Home Depot
Location: Mount Pleasant
Posted on: February 7, 2019
Tool Rental Technician (TRT) ensures rental tools and equipment are maintained, repaired and available for customers to rent. The TRT writes customer contracts and invoices for tool and equipment rental, checks to make sure tool is operating properly and demonstrates its proper use (as needed). The TRT receives and turns rented tools and equipment to ensure its availability for rent in a timely manner. The TRT monitors parts inventory and orders parts as needed. The TRT trains TR Associates on turning, operation and repair of tools and equipment. The TRT completes these job duties while following all safety procedures and practices.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Support Customers First Priority:
- Demonstrate expert tool, product and services knowledge in answering customer questions
- Process tool rental transactions (logging repairs and work orders, generating contracts, taking deposits, turning contracts into invoices upon equipment return, etc.)
- Demonstrate proper tool use for customer (as needed)
- Troubleshoot customer problem and provide advice to address
Support In Stock Priority:
- Maintain tools and stock on a daily basis to ensure products are available
- Order parts online and call vendors for parts number changes, order delays etc.
- Ensure tools are repaired and available for rental in a timely manner while keeping costs to a minimum
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and winterize tools as required
- Diagnose problems with tools and make necessary repairs or refer to repair center
- Turn returned tools by cleaning, inspecting, and preparing tools for rental by other customers
- Adhere to major and minor work rule policies regarding safety detailed in the Code of Conduct
NATURE AND SCOPE
Associates may encounter an uneven walking surface due to temporary cracks in the floor
Associates may have exposure to dust, gas fumes emitted by power equipment, and noise
Associates may be exposed to external weather conditions, drafts and interior temperature changes, and slippery floors
Associates may handle merchandise, supplies, and tools with sharp edges or that contain hazardous materials
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving merchandise and tools
Responding to public address system announcements, including customer services calls, pages, and general information
Moving around the store and be able to assist customers
Operating a computer to generate contracts, invoices, ordering parts etc.
Identifying and reading reports, tickets and UPC labelsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings, and overtime if needed
At least one year relevant experience (e.g. tool rental, hardware, paint, floor, wall, construction)
Successfully complete any required training or orientation courses
Minimal or no educational requirement for this job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most all of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:Small machine repair experience
Attention to Detail: Concentrates for an extended period of time; catches errors before completing assignments; maintains high quality
standards for his/her work.
Customer Driven: Provides outstanding customer service (to both internal and external customers); follows through on responsibilities to customers; recovers from any errors made and leaves customer satisfied.
Gets Things Done: Demonstrates the ability to get results despite a large workload, competing demands and a fast-paced environment.
Keywords: Home Depot, Mount Pleasant , TOOL RENTAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN, Professions , Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!