Production Technician-Cold Form Mill
Company: Cornerstone Building Brands
Location: Mount Pleasant
Posted on: April 27, 2021
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of
exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive
portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial
markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve
customers and communities across North America. Our relentless
focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to
innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer
of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and
wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we
create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to
communities where people live, work and play. $500 Retention Bonus
after first 90 days Summary Cornerstone Building Brands is seeking
a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team to work
as a Machine Operator at our 305 N Iris Rd, Mt Pleasant, IA
location. This position is responsible for manufacturing and
handling of raw material, finished, and semi-finished goods to be
processed to completion within specific value streams. Position
requires thorough training, knowledge, and use of equipment to
punch, cut, and form components, as well as, the use of
machinery/equipment to process and transport material, training
offered. Position includes a comprehensive benefits package to
include paid time off on day one, and mentorship support to ensure
successful team member growth and development. This is a 2nd shift
position. Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- A minimum of one (1) year of related work experience in
manufacturing or comparable work environment, preferred not
- Basic Microsoft knowledge Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Reading and understanding blueprints and work orders to be
- Ability to set-up and operate machinery and computerized
equipment to cut, punch, and form finished, or semi-finished parts
to specific safety, and quality metrics.
- Ability to perform but not limited to the following tasks (with
appropriate training): milling, turning, drilling, taping,
de-burring, molding, etc.
- Reading fractions and decimals.
- Ability to be trained, certified, and safely/efficiently
operate Overhead Cranes, forklifts, and other material handling
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance, adjustments, and
lubrication on equipment and production tools as required to
maintain proper operation.
- Mark part number, order number, number of pieces on parts.
- Attach identification tags as required for customer to have the
ability to locate correct parts.
- Knowledge of how equipment feeds other areas. Maintains
continuous improvement practices in work area.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- High attention to detail and observation.
- General mathematical knowledge and proficiency with basic
- Ability to work on feet for long hours.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding and adherence to safety protocols and
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs when a lifting device is not
- Overtime anticipated, and when needed, required for this
- Company provided personal protective equipment use is mandatory
and is expected to be maintained by employee. Benefits Offered
- Share in the Rewards for our Performance: Quarterly Gainsharing
Bonus based on the performance of our plant
- Recharge: 11 Company paid Holidays, Paid Sick and vacation
- Save for the future: 401k with Company Match
- Continue to learn and grow: Tuition Reimbursement, Company
Training to improve your skills
- Be well: Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness programs, Employee
Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account.
- Short and Long-Term disability
- $500 Retention bonus
- Paid life insurance
- Save money, all uniforms and work shoes paid for by Cornerstone
- Refer a friend sign on bonus
- Overtime paid at time and a half for every hour over eight
hours in a shift Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color,
protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation or national origin. Recruitment Fraud We have been made
aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using
Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential
job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being
contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances,
these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake
positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These
individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the
requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such
as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that
Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers
for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part
of the recruiting or hiring process. Other details
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School Apply Now
- Mt Pleasant, IA 52641, USA
Keywords: Cornerstone Building Brands, Mount Pleasant , Production Technician-Cold Form Mill, Professions , Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!