Diesel Mechanic - CCSD, Charleston County School District- First Group
Company: First Group
Location: Mount Pleasant
Posted on: August 4, 2022
First Student is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving CCSD, Charleston County School District!First things First:
Who are we? Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First
Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in
North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys,
moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team
of highly trained drivers and the industry s strongest safety
record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100
school districts. Why join First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- $24.50 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.25 per hour for each ASE certification, you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday 8-hour shifts between the hours 5:30 am - 5:30 pm
full-time shift schedule and consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Diesel Mechanic PositionAs a Diesel Mechanic
with First Student, you will help maintain and repair 2021 Thomas
C2 school buses to ensure vehicle readiness & safety, while
providing guidance to lower-level technicians. Other major job
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.Diesel Mechanic
- Valid driver s license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed We train!
- At least 3 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic s toolset
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to a drug test.Get your career on the road with First
Student! We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all. Associated topics: aerodynamic, autocad,
boiler, machine, motor, msme, proe, propulsion, turbomachinery,
Keywords: First Group, Mount Pleasant , Diesel Mechanic - CCSD, Charleston County School District- First Group, Other , Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!