Senior Principal, Patient Preference
At ICON, it's our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams
enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us
to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients' lives.
We have an incredible opportunity for a Senior Principal to join
Candidates can be based anywhere across the Europe or the US .
This role can be either office or remote based.
As Senior Principal, you will be the Head of our Patient
Preference Centre of Excellence as part of ICON Patient Centered
Outcomes (PCO). Our PCO group undertakes consultancy projects for
international clients in both the pharmaceutical and medical device
sectors, supporting development of medicines and clinical
The work of the PCO group focuses on patient-centered research,
including health related quality of life, disease signs and
symptoms, treatment preference, adherence and satisfaction. The
group is respected globally for the quality and innovation of their
applied qualitative and quantitative work. Much of their work
involves Clinical Outcome Assessment (COA) measurement development
and evaluation including conducting patient interviews and focus
groups and qualitative analysis.
Highlights of Key Responsibilities:
- Act as a scientific thought partner with the client and the
project team throughout the project
- Identify and apply leading edge tools/techniques and develops
new and insightful analytic approaches within patient
- Leading a team focused on preference elicitation and multi
criteria decision analysis.
- Develop endpoint reviews that include consolidating evidence,
identifying gaps, and proposals on how to address gaps
- Review and finalize project deliverables and ensures study
findings are valid and reliable and presented in a manner that is
up to a high standard
- Independently develop project plans and scientific content in
proposals and achieves good conversion rate of submitted and won
- Serve as KOL on project methodology, project risk and project
- Develop a comprehensive set of sound recommendations on
scientific methods and approaches that help clients meet their
goals as well as identify those that will not help clients meet
their goals. Prioritizes recommendations based on ease of
implementation and expected impact
- Lead interactions with clients in the pharma/biotech/medical
- Initiate and nurture client relationships and maintains
contacts to build reputation and deal flow
- Contribute to shaping business strategy and new product/service
- Regularly pursue new business opportunities and leads the
organization to meet changing client needs; responsible for teams'
alignment and support of BD efforts
- Represent PCO at internal and external meetings and strategy
- Regularly contribute to external efforts such as International
Society of Quality of Life Research (ISOQOL), International Society
of Pharmacoeconomics & Outcomes Research (ISPOR), CPATH, DIA, FDA
initiatives, National Institute of Health (NIH) initiatives
- Significant proven industry experience in a similar role.
Extensive academic research experience in a related methodology may
offset some of this work experience
- Direct experience leading a diverse set of bespoke outcomes
research studies in collaboration with pharma / biotech / medical
device study teams or CRO Clinical Operations divisions
- Demonstrated experience in consulting
- Demonstrated advanced scientific leadership experience and
directing project teams
- Assesses whether instruments are fit-for-purpose with
particular attention to content validity and psychometric
properties specific to context of use.
- Master's degree in outcomes research or related discipline, PhD
- Experience within the patient preference research
- Able to efficiently direct teams on data gathering effort
- Able to lead team in formulating, articulating and prioritizing
- Demonstrated ability to work well within diverse project
- Excellent communication and scientific writing skills, as
demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications, technical reports, or
other scholarly work
- Articulate and persuasive. Draws information well from
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze project risks, define
mitigation actions of identified risks, and apply lessons learned
across projects and during the proposal development stage.
- Able to successfully communicate with and advise clients
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That's why
we've made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high
performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them
competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors.
Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals - both
ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees
and their families and offer competitive retirement plans - and
related benefits such as life assurance - so you can save and plan
with confidence for the years ahead. But beyond the competitive
salaries and comprehensive benefits, you'll benefit from an
environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of
purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is
committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and
harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process,
or in order to perform the essential functions of a position,
please let us know through the form below.