Cook - Pizza/Burger Bar (Full Time)
Company: Whole Foods
Location: Mount Pleasant
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Prepares, batches, and serves customers at the pizza station and
burger venue. Performs all functions related to proper food
preparation and maintenance of the cold case, fresh pack, salad,
and hot bars. Ensures food quality and presentation and performs
duties related to stocking and sanitation. All Whole Foods Market
Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing
courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team
Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance
with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team
Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in
other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to
support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and
store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all
applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and
regulatory duties required in the department.
- Prepares food items to order for burger venue and pizza
station, serves customers in a timely fashion.
- Prepares food items for use in the cold case, fresh pack,
salad, and hot bars according to production sheets.
- Prepares food items according to recipe to ensure quality and
- Ensures that all prepared items are labeled, dated, covered,
monitored for quality and freshness, and rotated.
- Monitors food levels and replenishes in a timely manner.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of
customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive
selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper
procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation,
and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary
working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with WFM cleanliness and safety standards; ensures walk-ins and
freezers are clean and organized.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough product knowledge.
- Ability to follow a recipe.
- Good understanding of food production and fundamental cooking
- Good basic math skills.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to
work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
Desired Work Experiences
- 6-12 months retail experience.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing),
32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box
cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- May require use of ladders.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general
summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not
meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job
duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as
one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required
at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to
the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and
other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on
business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or
needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate
successful performance in their current position before being
considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a
higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist
and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for
the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as
obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current
position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role
do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment
opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status,
disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole
Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on
qualifications for the position to be filled and business
Keywords: Whole Foods, Mount Pleasant , Cook - Pizza/Burger Bar (Full Time), Other , Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!