Product Review Engineer Level 4
Location: Mount Pleasant
Posted on: January 15, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect,
explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn
and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your
future with us.The Boeing Company is seeking a Senior Product
Review Engineer (Level 4) to join the team in North Charleston,
South Carolina.Position Responsibilities Duties will include (but
are not limited to):
- Applies knowledge of Boeing design principles to assess and
resolve product/process issues through the product lifecycle.
- Analyzes, conducts root cause analysis and develops
dispositions for design non-conformances.
- Evaluation and analysis of airplane production discrepancies of
all types, such as electrical, functional test, chemical & thermal
processes, raw materials, parts, assemblies, and airplane
installations, resolution of parts and/or design repairs/rework on
components, assemblies incorrectly designed, incorrectly built,
incorrectly installed or damaged.
- Product Review Engineers represent engineering on the Material
Review Board (MRB), responding to questions and concerns from
manufacturing and engineering organizations.
- Additional duties are to evaluate engineering /production data
to determine corrective actions necessary for the elimination and
prevention of chronic errors.
- The Product Review Engineer works across all functions to
ensure corrective action is implemented. Designs responsibilities
include review/approve design revisions to enable improvement in
production processes, with coordination across all functions to
ensure design engineering concurrence.
- Product Review Engineers are expected to demonstrate innovative
approaches in process improvement activities and the ability to
work with multiple disciplines within engineering, manufacturing
and other organizations.
- When working with suppliers, Product Review Engineers review
and audit MRB activities for domestic and foreign suppliers.Basic
Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience): -
- This position is for 2nd shift. Candidates must be willing to
work on 2nd shift.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15 is
required. "Us Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent
resident, refugee, or asylee.
- ABET accredited engineering degree
- Engineering degree in the field of Mechanical, Civil,
Electrical, and Aerospace/Aeronautical.
- Must be willing to work variable shifts, including weekends and
overtime. Some positions may also be rotating shifts.Preferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Current or previous Materials Review Board(MRB)Typical
Education / Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7
years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is
the preferred, although not required, accreditation
standard.Relocation:This position offers relocation based on
candidate eligibility.Additional InformationAll information
provided will be checked and may be verified.Please apply ASAP for
this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Drug Free WorkplaceBoeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: Boeing, Mount Pleasant , Product Review Engineer Level 4, Other , Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!