Senior Software Engineer - SMART
Company: Tabula Rasa Healthcare
Location: Mount Pleasant
Posted on: February 3, 2019
Tabula Rasa Healthcare- TRHC is a family of companies that leverages technology to improve healthcare. TRHC works with providers and insurers to identify multi-drug interactions and to reduce risk of medication-related problems. We have developed the first multi-drug interaction tool that identifies risk across a variety of safety factors and presents meaningful opportunities to mitigate that risk. This technology can be used to assess safety at the individual patient-level or to stratify medication risk at the population-level, and can be embedded within any EMR or other healthcare IT system.A Tabula Rasa Healthcare Co., CareKinesis, is looking for a talented and experienced Senior Software Engineer specializing in SMART Applications to contribute to our SMART on FHIR application development team. TRHC is transforming how clinical professionals visualize and interpret medication therapy management and pharmacogenomics. This team oversees the core of our SMART on FHIR application that serves complex calculations, high throughput data processing, as well as the user experience to interpret many different categories of clinical data in the most straightforward and efficient way possible. Our goal is to change the way all healthcare users will understand the impact (pros and cons) of adding or removing any drug from a patient's overall medication regimen.The candidate selected for this role will work together with a Scrum team to take requirements through the development lifecycle and transform into high quality, valuable deliverables. As a Senior Software Engineer, he or she will take a paramount role in cultivating technical guidance, architecture, best practices as well as assisting the team growth through mentorship.Location: Mount Pleasant, SCRESPONSIBILITIES: Primary Functions :
- Work in an agile environment developing SMART on FHIR applications.
- Develop integrations with EHRs and Healthcare Applications and Services.
- Ability to develop appropriate data models, track and evaluate patterns of outcomes, and apply relevant analytical and statistical method
- Participation and ownership in all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support.
- Perform challenging work in designing, writing, editing, modifying, and debugging software applications and services.
- Self-motivated with the ability to design and write high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code. Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with management team in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- Learn new technologies and resolve challenges involved in integrating new technologies with our systems.
- Update and modify systems to improve efficiency.
- Comfortable with large projects in source control (git), continuous integration (Jenkins) and writing unit tests and integration tests.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have SMART application development experience.
- Experience integrating with EHRs and Healthcare Software and Services.
- Familiarity with ontologies or data standards such as FHIR, SNOMED, RxNorm, LOINC, ICD-10, etc.
- Ability to automate a manual data process that is secure, efficient and scalable.
- Ability to analyze the needs of the business and work closely with product management and research and development to develop innovative clinical application solutions.
- Ability to design, implement and scale clinical data models.
- Working knowledge of MVC frameworks such as Angular, React, Ember, or Backbone.
- Experience developing, testing and documenting RESTful APIs; with event-driven design patterns utilizing message queues; with SQL and/or NoSQL data stores; with designing, developing and deploying distributed systems.
- Knowledge of security and encryption.
- Knowledge of e-prescribing standards certifications a plus. (Meaningful Use, FHIR)
- Strong analytical abilities, organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Comfortable with large projects in source control (git), continuous integration (Jenkins) and writing unit tests and integration tests.
- Ideal candidates must be innovative, creative, flexible and be passionate about building quality software.
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communication.
- Has exceptional initiative and follow-through on projects with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Passionate about knowledge sharing and has the skills to help develop and advance the team through mentorship.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, end-users, and team members.REQUIREMENTS:Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field is required.
- Master's degree is preferred.Experience:
- 8+ years professional experience in Software Engineering.
- Experience in Healthcare Technology.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Fast paced environment.
- Collaboration across remote sites within the company.
- New office located on Shem Creek.
- Flexibility to work remote when warranted.
- Office health and wellness initiatives, for those interested. (on-site private shower)
Keywords: Tabula Rasa Healthcare, Mount Pleasant , Senior Software Engineer - SMART, IT / Software / Systems , Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!