Software Product Engineering - Sr. Software Engineer
Company: Tabula Rasa Healthcare
Location: Mount Pleasant
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced
technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these
goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do
things better. We are a company whose culture cultivates teamwork,
rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our
business, and promotes community involvement. Tabula Rasa
HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific,
data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare
organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes,
reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk.
Medication risk management is TRHC's lead offering, and its
cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx-- and
MedWise---, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and
other healthcare organizations. TRHC empowers our employees to
provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and
proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are
and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards
excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business,
and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will
help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving
patient outcomes. Charleston, SC or remote A Senior Software
- Develop applications and related services on our cloud-based
pharmacy operations software, EireneRx Order Management.
- Perform challenging work in designing, writing, editing,
modifying, and debugging computer programs.
- Identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- Participate in development of long range planning for new
projects and infrastructure.
- Provide advice, training and technical support for various
- Work closely with management team in evaluating current systems
and making decisions on future development.
- Learn new technologies and resolve challenges involved in
integrating new technologies with our infrastructure.
- Update and modify systems to improve efficiency. Secondary
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Complete miscellaneous projects as assigned or requested.
- Understand and adhere to The Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements. Requirements:
- Strong analytical abilities, organizational skills,
problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communication.
- Highly skilled at establishing priorities and coordinating work
activities. Consistency, accuracy, promptness, and adherence to
productivity standards are of paramount importance.
- Skilled at performing multiple and complex tasks.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
clients, end-users, and team members.
- Has exceptional initiative and follow-through on projects with
minimal supervision or guidance.
- Must be detail oriented, follow instructions and work
independently with minimal supervision with highly confidential
information per HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to design, architect, develop and implement solutions
around a micro-service architecture.
- Passionate about knowledge sharing and has the skills to help
develop and advance the team through mentorship.
- Experience with performance optimization, especially the use of
asset pipelines and CDNs, as well as tools used to analyze front
end performance bottlenecks.
- Preferred experience with database re-factoring and decomposing
existing systems from a monolith to a micro-services architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information
Technology/Systems, or related experience.
- M.S. in Computer Science or related field (preferred)
Experience & Training:
- 5+ of software development experience in one or more general
TypeScript is a plus.
- Experience as a full stack engineer with familiarity of DevOps
principles and AGILE development practices, tools and
- Experience working in HealthCare technology.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of front-end technologies
- Working Knowledge of MVC frameworks such as Angular, React,
- Knowledge of security and encryption.
- Knowledge of e-prescribing standards certifications a plus.
(Meaningful Use, FHIR)
- Experience developing, testing and documenting RESTful APIs;
with event-driven design patterns utilizing message queues; with
SQL and/or NoSQL data stores; with designing, developing and
deploying distributed systems.
- Comfortable with large projects in source control (git),
continuous integration (Jenkins) and writing unit tests and
- Familiarity or experience with load and performance
- Comfortable in a growing environment with the ability to work
on multiple projects at the same time, in a team or
- Acts as a teammate, a student, and a mentor with outstanding
written and verbal communication. Experience and ability to teach
or instruct co-workers.
- Solving problems quickly and completely.
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing
environment concepts, event-based programming and design patterns
and the principles of routing, client/server programming.
- Possess a positive attitude and excellent communication
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly.
- Ability to write, edit, and debug computer programs and live
software systems to achieve desired output and write program
- Good knowledge of networking technologies from the programmers
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, GIT (github, gitlab or
- Knowledge of secure coding standards.
- Technical domain expertise in API design and development.
- UI/UX experience is a plus.
- Experience using platform provided tools (Docker, Cloud
Foundry, AWS, NewRelic, Sentry).
- Familiarity with Asynchronous messaging using RabbitMQ, Redis
- Experience with CI, zero downtime deploys, canary and feature
- Pairing is encouraged within and across our development teams.
Life at TRHC Charleston:
- Option for remote work.
- Work hard play hard and change the world attitude.
- New (awesome) office located on Shem Creek.
- Regular office activities include: game nights, paddle
boarding, yoga on the pier, team lunches and happy hours.
- Inter-company Halloween competition.
- Office health and wellness initiatives, for those interested.
(on-site private shower)
- All about having fun and celebrating success! #DICEThe Company
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or
national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability,
AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth
or related medical conditions, genetic information, military
service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation,
protected financial status or other classification protected by
applicable law. Other details
- Pay Type Salary Apply Now
- Mt Pleasant, SC, USA - provided by Dice
Keywords: Tabula Rasa Healthcare, Mount Pleasant , Software Product Engineering - Sr. Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!