Software Engineer II - EireneRx
Location: Mount Pleasant
Posted on: May 4, 2020
Tabula Rasa Healthcare- TRHC is a family of companies that
leverages technology to improve healthcare. TRHC works with
providers and insurers to identify multi-drug interactions and to
reduce risk of medication-related problems. We have developed the
first multi-drug interaction tool that identifies risk across a
variety of safety factors and presents meaningful opportunities to
mitigate that risk. This technology can be used to assess safety at
the individual patient-level or to stratify medication risk at the
population-level, and can be embedded within any EMR or other
healthcare IT system.
A Tabula Rasa Healthcare Co., CareKinesis, is looking for a
talented and experienced Software Engineer II to contribute to our
cloud-based medication decision-support and e-prescribing platform
EireneRx is the source of patient demographics and medication
information between Nurses, Prescribers, Technicians, and
Pharmacists. From on demand and automated messaging, to medication
entry & e-prescribing with clinical analysis and recommendations,
to detailed and high level reporting across the board - EireneRx is
the all in one place for clinical interactions between our clients
and our pharmacy. EireneRx primarily serves the Program for
All-inclusive Care of the Elderly (PACE), and has been reducing
healthcare costs and improving patients' lives since 2010.
The candidate selected for this role will work together with a
Scrum team to take requirements through the development lifecycle
and transform into high quality, valuable deliverables. As a
Software Engineer II, he or she will take a paramount role in
cultivating technical guidance, architecture, best practices as
well as assisting the team and growth through mentorship.
- Work in an agile environment developing on both full-stack
application in our EireneRx Platform. (Node.js, Angular.js,
React.js, Ruby, Rails preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Participation and ownership in all stages of development
process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, deployment,
- Perform challenging work in designing, writing, editing,
modifying, and debugging software applications and services.
- Self-motivated with the ability to design and write
high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code.
- Learn new technologies and resolve challenges involved with
integrating them with our infrastructure.
- Update and modify systems to improve efficiency.
- Work closely with Product Team in evaluating current systems
and making decisions on future development.
- Developing, testing and documenting RESTful APIs; with
event-driven design patterns utilizing message queues; with SQL
and/or NoSQL data stores; with designing, developing and deploying
- Comfortable with large projects in source control (git),
continuous integration (Jenkins) and writing unit tests and
- Design, develop and implement solutions around both a
micro-service and monolithic architectures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field
of study, or related practical experience.
- M.S. in Computer Science or similar technical field of
- 2-5 years of professional software development experience.
- Expertise in two or more general purpose programming
- Experience in Healthcare Technology (preferred)
- Ideal candidates must be innovative, creative, flexible and
passionate about building quality software.
- Ability to architect, design, develop and implement solutions
around a micro-service and monolithic architectures.
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communication.
- Has exceptional initiative and follow-through on projects with
minimal supervision or guidance.
- Passionate about knowledge sharing and has the skills to help
develop and advance the team through mentorship.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
clients, end-users, and team members.
- Experience using platform provided tools preferred (Docker,
Cloud Foundry, AWS, New Relic, Sentry).
- Knowledge of e-prescribing standards certifications a plus.
(Meaningful Use, FHIR)
- Familiarity with ontologies such as SNOMED, RxNorm, LOINC,
ICD-10, NDC a plus.
- Fast paced environment.
- Collaboration across remote sites within the company.
- New office located on Shem Creek.
- Flexibility to work remote when warranted.
- Office health and wellness initiatives, for those interested.
(on-site private shower)
- Celebrating success!
Keywords: CareKinesis, Mount Pleasant , Software Engineer II - EireneRx, IT / Software / Systems , Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!