Software Engineer II - Medication Decision Support
Company: Tabula Rasa Healthcare
Location: Mount Pleasant
Posted on: May 3, 2020
Tabula Rasa Health Care- TRHC is a family of companies that
leverages technology to improve healthcare. TRHC works with
providers and insurers to identify multi-drug interactions and to
reduce risk of medication-related problems. We have developed the
first multi-drug interaction tool that identifies risk across a
variety of safety factors and presents meaningful opportunities to
mitigate that risk. This technology can be used to assess safety at
the individual patient-level or to stratify medication risk at the
population-level, and can be embedded within any EMR or other
healthcare IT system. We are looking for a talented and experienced
Software Engineer to contribute to our cloud-based Medication
Decision Support Platform ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- develop applications or related services on our cloud-based
medication decision support platform
- Perform challenging work in designing, writing, editing,
modifying, and debugging computer programs.
- Identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- Participate in development of long range planning for new
projects and infrastructure.
- Provide advice, training and technical support for various
- Work closely with management team in evaluating current systems
and making decisions on future development.
- Learn new technologies and resolve challenges involved in
integrating new technologies with our systems.
- Update and modify systems to improve efficiency. SECONDARY
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Complete miscellaneous projects as assigned or requested.
- Understand and adhere to The Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements. REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong analytical abilities, organizational skills,
problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communication.
- Highly skilled at establishing priorities and coordinating work
activities. Consistency, accuracy, promptness, and adherence to
productivity standards are of paramount importance.
- Skilled at performing multiple and complex tasks.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
clients, end-users, and team members.
- Has exceptional initiative and follow-through on projects with
minimal supervision or guidance.
- Must be detail oriented, follow instructions and work
independently with minimal supervision with highly confidential
information per HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to architect, design, develop and implement solutions
around a micro-service architecture.
- Passionate about knowledge sharing and has the skills to help
develop and advance the team through mentorship.
- Experience with performance optimization, especially the use of
asset pipelines and CDNs, as well as tools used to analyze front
end performance bottlenecks.
- Preferred experience with database re-factoring and decomposing
existing systems from a monolith to a micro-services architecture.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information
Technology/Systems, or related experience.M.S. in Computer Science
or related field (preferred) EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- 5+ of software development experience in one or more general
- is a plus.
- Experience as a full stack engineer with familiarity of DevOps
principles and AGILE development practices, tools and
- Experience working in HealthCare technology.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of front-end technologies
- Working Knowledge of MVC frameworks such as Angular, React,
- Knowledge of security and encryption.
- Knowledge of e-prescribing standards certifications a plus.
(Meaningful Use, FHIR)
- Experience developing, testing and documenting RESTful APIs;
with event-driven design patterns utilizing message queues; with
SQL and/or NoSQL data stores; with designing, developing and
deploying distributed systems.
- Comfortable with large projects in source control (git),
continuous integration (Jenkins) and writing unit tests and
- Familiarity or experience with load and performance
- Comfortable in a growing environment with the ability to work
on multiple projects at the same time, in a team or
- Acts as a teammate, a student, and a mentor with outstanding
written and verbal communication. Experience and ability to teach
or instruct co-workers.
- Solving problems quickly and completely.
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing
environment concepts, event-based programming and design patterns
and the principles of routing, client/server programming.
- Possess a positive attitude and excellent communication
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly.
- Ability to write, edit, and debug computer programs and live
software systems to achieve desired output and write program
- Good knowledge of networking technologies from the programmers
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, GIT (github, gitlab or
- Knowledge of secure coding standards.
- Technical domain expertise in API design and development.
- UI/UX experience is a plus.
- Experience using platform provided tools (Docker, Cloud
Foundry, AWS, NewRelic, Sentry).
- Familiarity with Asynchronous messaging using RabbitMQ, Redis
- Experience with CI, zero downtime deploys, canary and feature
- Pairing is encouraged within and across our development teams.
- Fast paced environment.
- Collaboration across remote sites within the company.
- New office located on Shem Creek.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remote when warranted.
- Regular office activities include: game nights, paddle
boarding, yoga on the pier, team lunches and happy hours.
- Office health and wellness initiatives, for those interested.
(on-site private shower)
- Celebrating success!#DICE - provided by Dice
Keywords: Tabula Rasa Healthcare, Mount Pleasant , Software Engineer II - Medication Decision Support, IT / Software / Systems , Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!