Company: JEA Senior Living
Location: Mount Pleasant
Posted on: June 13, 2019
Purpose:To maintain assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe,
orderly and attractive manner in accordance with established
procedures and as directed by supervisor; assure that the highest
degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all
times.Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be able to read, write and follow verbal and written
directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Ability to remain calm under stressful conditions and make
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents,
families, staff, community officials, State officials, and general
- Must have compassion for, and desire to work with, the elderly
and understand their needs
- Must be able to work full or part time on a regular schedule,
and on-call as needed.
- Must meet all state health requirements
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (Essential
Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Follow cleaning schedule and instructions as directed by
supervisor, including resident rooms, offices and public
- Sweep and vacuum all assigned areas
- Clean and/or polish all room furnishings, fixtures, ledges,
heating/air conditioning units in resident rooms and all public
- Clean windows and mirrors in resident rooms and all public
- Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot
cleaning, disinfecting and deodorizing.
- Clean all hallways, stairways and elevators as
- Empty all wastebaskets.
- Submit maintenance work orders of general maintenance concerns
and/or problems to Maintenance Director or Administrator.
- Report to supervisor any unsafe/hazardous conditions within the
community and any needed repairs to housekeeping or other facility
- Clean and check model rooms and work in concert with admissions
to insure that all incoming residents' rooms are cleaned and ready
- Clean the employee break room when necessary.
- Check and refill all paper towel and soap dispensers as
- Assist with laundry duties as directed or as needed including,
but not limited to linens, towels, and resident personal
- Follow soiled and clean laundry protocol as directed by
- Provide inventory of chemicals, supplies, linens as
- Log water or heat temperatures as required or
- Follow infection control and universal precautions policy.
- Attend in-services and staff meetings as requested.
- Keep janitor closets and housekeeping supply rooms clean and
- Other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary and
appropriate by supervisor or Administrator.
- Clean exterior windows, patios, or other outside areas as
requested or assigned.
Keywords: JEA Senior Living, Mount Pleasant , Housekeeper, Hospitality & Tourism , Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!