Company: JEA Senior Living
Location: Mount Pleasant
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Who are We?As a JEA Senior Living community and certified Great
Place to Work, we are an established and dedicated senior living
care provider, where every team member takes great pride and
responsibility in creating Meaningful Moments for our residents. We
strive to make each resident interaction positive, meaningful, and
unique to them. Through an in-depth understanding of our resident's
life stories, we are able to Honor their Experience of Aging and
create an environment that feels just like home. If you are
interested in building your health care career, providing holistic
care for our residents and their families, and would like to see
what our community has to offer, apply online and join our amazing
team. Certified by our employees as a Great Place to Work for our
2nd Year in a row!
- 93% of our associates shared "My work has special meaning; this
is not "just a job."
- 95% of our associates shared "People celebrate around
- 94% of our associates shared "I'm proud to tell others I work
- 91% of our associates shared "People care about each other
here"Apply via our Indeed ad or Visit our Careers Page to see other
available opportunities.Questions about the application process?
Come visit us and our staff will be happy to assist you Job
- Generous PTO Policy
- An employee engaged Scheduling system
- Employee Appreciation events; Attendance Programs, New employee
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits
- 401K Retirement PlanPurpose: Under the direction of the Food
Services Director, help to manage the operation of the Food
Services Department. Including food ordering and accountability,
preparation, food delivery and cleanliness in accordance with
appropriate health department regulations. Assist in maintaining a
positive physical and social environment for the residents. Minimum
- Must be formally trained in the culinary arts, or have
equivalent experience in the culinary arts.
- Must be able to relate positively to residents and families,
and to work cooperatively with other employees and vendors.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Residents,
families, staff, community officials, referral sources and the
- Must be capable of maintaining regular, reliable
- Must meet all state health requirements.
- Obtain Food Handlers Permit (as required by state
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (Essential
Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation. Essential
- Help Food Services Director schedule staff. Assist in orienting
new staff. Ensure equipment is maintained and work areas are clean,
safe and orderly. Strictly adhere to procedures regarding infection
control, food-borne illness prevention, harmful chemical handling,
fire, safety and sanitation, promptly addressing any
- Ensure food is prepared in a nutritional, appetizing fashion,
and presented in an attractive manner. See that appropriate snacks
are available to residents with special dietary needs. Ensure all
utensils, dishes, equipment, and work areas are cleaned properly
and in a timely manner. Store food properly.
- Attend all required in-service training.
- Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations
regarding residents' rights.
Keywords: JEA Senior Living, Mount Pleasant , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!